Friday, April 27, 2012

Barf, Puke, Vomit 2012

This is an idea of the way things have been going around here the past few days.  It all started Monday (today is Friday).  Mark had to leave for Las Vegas Monday morning.  We had a good day Monday and Maddie had practice Monday night.  They boys stayed with Mimi and Papa while I took her to practice.  Came home, put the kids to bed, and settled in and watched some tv.  Unfortunately for me, I stayed up a little later than I should (about 12:30) and as soon as I got to bed, Mason started crying.  Sometimes if you ignore him for a minute, he will find his paci and settle himself down.  When it became apparent that he was not going to settle down, I went to check on him and found that he had vomited big time.  Thankfully, I have a couple of extra crib sheets so I quickly changed his clothes, cleaned him up, changed his sheets, and put him back to bed.  He was really not even awake for any of this and just kind of out of it.  I took his sheets and all the things in his bed (including his beloved "puppy" that he sleeps with) and started some middle of the night laundry.  I stayed awake long enough to move the things to the dryer then went back to bed.  Just crawled in bed again when I hear him crying again.  Went back to his room and guess what?  More puke.  Same routine all over again.  Thankfully his puppy is dry by now so he is very happy to have puppy to sleep with this time.  And unfortunately, the clean up is a little harder this time because the vomit is in his hair and everywhere.  But he goes right back to sleep and sleeps until morning.  Unfortunately though, the vomit is far from over.  He vomits more on Tuesday, and Wednesday.  Somewhere along the way, terrible nasty diarrhea starts as well.  And of course, Wednesday afternoon I start feeling sick and by that evening I am vomiting as well.  Thursday morning Micah starts in but thankfully only vomits one time because at this point, I am so, so incredibly sick it is unbelievable.  Late Thursday I start feeling better and I'm ready to take on a few household tasks - such as the incredible amount of laundry that continues to pile up, and other projects that arise from having kids puking all over your house.  Maddie went to school on Thursday as normal and seemed to feel fine.  At bedtime she was complaining about her stomach but I thought it was just to delay bedtime.  Should have known better.  Around 10:00, I hear her moving about in her room.  I just had a feeling so I headed in there and she was on her ladder, headed down.  But she stopped midway down and had a major, unbelievable, puke-fest.  It went EVERYWHERE.  Everywhere.  Seriously.  I had to give her a shower, settle her in on the couch with a trash can, then spent the next hour cleaning her room.  Puke was everywhere.  Oh my, was it every gross.  Anyway, other than a little diarrhea this morning, she is fine now.  And Mark came home last night, and was able to help me with Maddie's bedding and carpet, which needed major intervention.  As long as Mark stays healthy, we are officially on the road to recovery.  This is a week I will not forget for a long, long time!
Never able to get a good pic of the three of them together, but they were too sick to protest

No comments:

Post a Comment