Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Big Picture

For me, this has been a long year for Children's Choir.  Jill and I teach the Pre-K and Kindergarten kids and they are sweet as can be, but can also be very loud and rowdy.  We have definitely had some rough nights.  So we weren't really sure what to expect when it was time for this year's program.  However, the kids pulled it together and did fantastic.  The older kids (1st through 4th graders) did the majority of the program but the little kids sang a few songs along the way. 

The title of this year's program was "The Big Picture" - this is also the name of the main song in the program and the big and little kids sang this one together.  It is a very good song, speaking of how we are empty canvases that God is turning into something beautiful and in His image.  I loved the program itself - it was just a wonderful concept.  The kids decorated canvases throughout the program in what seemed like random patterns.  In the end though, it is revealed that the canvases spell "WORSHIP".  I love the way that it showed that we are all unique and can do our own thing but yet work together to praise our Creator. 

Micah and the little choir singing "Colors" which was the opening song

Maddie decorating her canvas, which would later be rotated and shown to be a letter "I"

The girls singing after they decorated their canvas



The reveal - the canvases spell "WORSHIP"


All in all, I thought the kids did very well.  After the performance, they were able to go to the gym and have a party.  Mason even joined us at the party and had a hot dog :)

Very enjoyable experience, but I am oh so glad it is over.  But I do love seeing my babies sing about God!

No comments:

Post a Comment