Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pre-K Christmas Program

There are 3 morning Pre-K classes and 3 afternoon classes.  Every year, the morning classes combine to do a Christmas program for the parents and the afternoon classes do the same.  Today was Micah's performance day.  He is not usually very interested in singing or being in front of others, but he was excited about this performance.  He had been singing the songs around the house and so I was fairly confident that he knew the songs and would probably do a good job.  And he did - he sang the whole time and did the motions most of the time.  We are so proud of him!  Great job, Micah!  Here are a couple of videos of him singing.  And by the way, you can hear several kids screaming in the background and I just wanted to note that none of them are mine.  Mason was perfectly behaved and happily watched "Bubba" sing the whole time.  :)



 


And I wanted to throw in a little funny in here as well.  Micah is letting his hair grow a little longer and it is not a fun process.  It is coarse and it sticks straight up and will not easily lay down.  Usually I just spray some rewetting spray on it and can make it look presentable, but since he was going to be singing I decided to use some styling gel and spike it up, which is usually his Sunday morning look.  So I fixed it and it actually looked great.  It was laying down where I wanted it to, and standing up in the right places as well.  But Micah has this terrible look on his face and in a quiet, little sad voice he says "I don't like it". I asked him why and he was nearly in tears but eventually said "I look like a porcupine".  So I spent the rest of the morning convincing him that he looked great, and nothing like a porcupine, all the while having to keep a straight face.  You just never know what he might say next . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment