Sunday, July 14, 2013

Kids Camp 2013

This year was Maddie's first time to go to overnight camp.  Jamie, the Minister to Children at our church, invited Mark and I to go as counselors and we decided to go.  It made me feel just a little bit better to be there with her, even though she would have done just fine without me!

We really had a good time.  The weather was amazing - the middle of July and I had to wear a sweatshirt one day because I was cold (I had to borrow it - I didn't even think to bring one!).  The church staff and volunteers are absolutely awesome.  They put so much work into preparing for these days at camp.  Their love for the kids is obvious and they absolutely want nothing more than to see these kids establish a relationship with Jesus at a young age. 

I think that Maddie had a good time too.  She seemed a little bit unsure of herself early in the week, but as the week progressed, she settled in and did awesome.

I missed my boys but truly enjoyed my time at camp working with the fourth graders.  We had some really sweet kiddos and I hope that we get to go back next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment