Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Birthday to Maddie

I can't believe that my girl is celebrating her 9th birthday.  Just crazy.  She is truly a blessing and a joy to be around.  She is still extremely active - loves to play softball, ride her scooter, ride her bike, play with her friends outside, swim, and just about anything outdoors.  But she is defintely all girl at the same time - she loves to dress up, loves to wear dangly earrings and anything sparkly.  Pink is still her favorite color.  She excels at school and loves to read.  But, she is certainly not perfect.  She is extremely emotional and can cry at the drop of a hat.  She isn't always as responsible as I would like her to be.  But overall, she is an amazing kid and I feel so blessed to be her Mama! 

We didn't do any big parties for birthdays this year - just family.  Her piano recital was on Mother's Day and we decided to do her party that evening as well since grandparents would already be around and available.









On her actual birthday, she took the cutest donuts to school.  But the day started out with donuts too.  Usually on somebody's birthday, they get to pick the restaurant for dinner.  Her birthday was on a Wednesday though, which meant there was no time for a big dinner out.  So the boys and I took her to one of her faves on the way to church, Coney Island.

 Birthday Donuts


I think Mason liked the birthday donuts more than Maddie :)
 
 Donuts for school
 

The birthday girl all ready for school
 
I know that it will be the blink of an eye and this girl will be turning 10.  However, for now, I think that we will just try to enjoy 9.  Happy Birthday to my sweet girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment