Friday, May 17, 2013

Student of Today Award

A few days before school was out, I received a call from the Principal Streets, who is the principal at Maddie and Micah's school.  When the caller ID showed the school number, I immediately thought that Maddie must have been sick and that the nurse was calling.  When the caller identified himself as Principal Streets, I started worrying that Micah was in trouble.  Then I realized that it was already afternoon and Micah was playing in his room.  So I waited to hear what Principal Streets had to say and I was obviously extremely delighted when he told me some good news: Maddie had been selected to receive the "Student of Today" award, which is an award given out each year by the Masonic lodge.  They choose one girl and one boy in third grade to give the award to and Maddie was the winner this year.  It is chosen based on academics, social achievement, attendance, and other qualifications as well.  We are so proud of her - this is a big deal!  Love this girl and the way she keeps on achieving!


No comments:

Post a Comment