Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Ouch

It is never a good thing when you see the number of the school pop up on your caller id in the middle of the day while the kids are at school.  After my relief that it was not the principal (had that call before too) I was sad to hear that it was the school nurse calling to tell me that Micah had accidentally poked himself in the hand with a pencil and that the graphite was stuck in his hand.  She said we could take him to the doctor or wait for it to work itself out.  Because it was in the palm of his hand, I was pretty certain that it would be quite painful for the doctor to remove it so we opted to let it work itself out.  And it did - a long soak in the bathtub did the trick and he is now mostly as good as new.  He still has a small hole in his hand but I think that it will go away with time.



No comments:

Post a Comment