Monday, August 11, 2014

UFO's?


Well, I learned an important lesson this summer.  Never turn Micah loose in the library, without supervision.  He didn't get in trouble or mess anything up, thankfully, but while I was helping Maddie locate a specific book, I allowed him to go choose some of his own books.  He was in the non-fiction animal section when I left him, so I thought he would choose his usual favorite, which is dinosaur books.  We went and checked out our books.  We use the self checkout and the kids can do it themselves, so yet again I wasn't really paying attention to what he had selected.  When we got home, they took their books to their rooms like we always do.  As the days went along, he started telling me that he wanted to take a trip to Roswell, NM sometime soon.  I kind of ignored it the first time, because lots of crazy things come out of his mouth.  But he kept persisting his talk of Roswell and when I pried a little, he told me that he had read all about it in his book from the library, the one about UFO's.  Sheesh.  I need to pay more attention.  I listened to what he had to say and went on to tell him that I don't personally believe in UFO's because I believe what God says about creation, etc.  He seemed to listen and even buy my argument but then his smart little mind took over.  He came back with his own argument, which was pretty rock solid for a 7 year old.  He said that he had learned that non-fiction books were true stories and he got his UFO book from the non-fiction section so therefore it must be truth.  Sometimes it is just impossible to argue with such logic!  So I just let him think whatever he wanted to think, and promptly returned the UFO book to the library as soon as I could get it there.  And determined that from that day forward, I will most certainly preview his selections before taking them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment